Gingerbread is a great Summertime Snack
Did you know the ginger helps preserve the cookies?
Today’s Five Facts about Gingerbread
- Gingerbread originates from ancient Greeks and Egyptians who used as a ceremonial offering.
- The term gingerbread is from the Latin term zingiber via old French gingebras, meaning preserved ginger.
- In Nuremberg, Ulm and Pulsnitz in Germany, Torun in Poland, Tula in Russia, the making of gingerbread is considered a Fine Art .
- After the Brothers Grimm’s “Hansel and Gretel” story published, the gingerbread house making became popular throughout Europe.
- In 992, gingerbread was first brought to Europe by am Armenian monk named Gregory of Nicopolis.
Today in Food History
- 1519 Andrea Cesalpino was born. An Italian philosopher and pioneering botanist. He concentrated his studies on fruits and seeds, and he classified them by logical principles, instead of supposed medical properties.
- 1882 Henry Seely of New York City received the first American…
Ver o post original 118 mais palavras