National Biscuit Day
Five Food Finds about Biscuits
- In the United Kingdom, the word “biscuit” is used to refer to what we in the United States would call a “cookie”.
- White flour, commonly used to bake biscuits, is almost instantly metabolized into sugar. Biscuits will quickly spike your blood-sugar level.
- Mustard is a common condiment to use on biscuits in the south, especially to accompany ham.
- Most biscuit recipes call for a healthy dose of butter in the baking process. Despite this, many people butter their biscuits after they are served as well.
- The main difference between biscuits and rolls is the leavening agent. Biscuits use baking soda. Rolls use yeast.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1630 Charles II, king of England was born. The ‘Merry Monarch,’ tea was introduced to England during his reign. On December 23, 1675, he issued a proclamation…
Ver o post original 140 mais palavras